Applications & Forms
Information Security & Data Privacy Liability Insurance
Personal information (social security numbers, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, even name and address) has become a leading target of cyber criminals. With your client's personal information in your possession, understanding your exposure and taking the appropriate steps to mitigate your liability is essential.
Information Security and Privacy Insurance
Information Security and Privacy Insurance provides a variety of industry-leading coverages for emerging data security and privacy exposures facing companies today.
Information Security & Privacy Liability
- Legal liability coverage for theft, loss, or unauthorized disclosure of personally identifiable non-public information or third party corporate information that is in the care, custody or control of the insured organization, or an independent contractor that is holding, processing or transferring such information on behalf of the insured
- Legal liability arising from failure to comply with state breach notice laws
- Coverage for failure to comply with the insured's privacy policies as well as failure to administer an identity theft prevention program required by governmental regulation
- For unauthorized access, theft of or destruction of data, denial of service attacks and virus transmission involving the insured's computer systems resulting from computer security breaches
Privacy Notification Costs
- Coverage for the costs to provide notification in compliance with a breach notice law, including fees charged by an attorney to determine the applicability of and actions necessary to comply with breach notice laws
- Includes the cost of a credit file monitoring program (subject to 20% co-insurance)
- Coverage for the costs to hire a computer security expert to determine the existence and cause of a security breach
Regulatory Defense and Penalties
- Coverage for the cost to defend a regulatory proceeding resulting from violations of privacy laws caused by the otherwise covered theft, loss, or unauthorized disclosure of personally identifiable non-public or third party corporate information
Website Content Media Liability
- Covers display of electronic content on the insured's website. Offline media coverage may also be available.